Modern Foreign Languages
At Higham on the Hill, we use the scheme 'Language Angels' to deliver our MFL curriculum.
Our aim is to develop the confidence and competence of each child in the foreign language they are learning. Our goal is for them to be passionate, curious and confident about their own foreign language learning abilities when they finish the primary school phase of their education.
We will help them develop and demonstrate substantial progress in the 5 key language skills necessary for learning French:
Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing and Grammar.
Our approach to language teaching and learning is implemented through the Language Angels programme which will enable children to flourish and succeed by:
- Understanding and responding to spoken and written language from a variety of authentic sources.
- Speaking with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, including through discussion and asking questions, and continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation
- Writing at varying lengths, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of grammatical structures that they have learnt
- Discovering and developing an appreciation of a range of authentic writing in French.
- Providing children and their families with the resources needed to enjoy learning a language outside of school.
- To ensure that as children move up the Key Stage, their learning is both coherent and progressive.